Healthy dishes can also be delicious. Chicken Sotanghon Soup with Malunggay at Sayote is a good example. This dish is packed with nutrients and it tastes good too. Did you know that this is easy to make? Here’s how:
How to Cook Chicken Sotanghon Soup with Malunggay and Sayote?
Cooking this dish at home is as quick and easy as making regular sotanghon soup. All you have to do is prep the chicken and then start cooking the soup.
Prepping the chicken means boiling it for 18 minutes or until fully cooked. Make sure to save the chicken stock as it will be used to cook the soup later. I suggest slicing the chicken breast into smaller pieces before boiling to ensure that it gets completely cooked.
Once the chicken is cooked, separate it from the stock and let it cool down for 10 minutes. Separate the bone from the meat and shred manually. You can also chop it into small pieces, if it works for you.
Cooking the soup is a breeze. Simply saute garlic until it starts to brown and then add the onion. Trust me, browned garlic makes the soup tastes better.
Add the sliced sayote (chayote) and then continue sautéing for a minute. You can add the shredded chicken along with the stock afterward and let it boil. There is no need to cook the chicken longer as it is already fully cooked.
I add a piece of Knorr Chicken Cube to give the dish that nice solid chicken taste. It works wonders as far as I am concerned.
Put the sotanghon noodles next and cook until it softens. Lastly, add the malunggay leaves and season with patis (fish sauce) and ground black pepper.
Try this Healthy and Easy Chicken Sotanghon Soup with Malunggay and Sayote recipe. Happy cooking!
Chicken Sotanghon Soup with Malunggay at Sayote
Chicken noodle soup using vermicelli with moringa leaves and sliced chayote. This healthy soup dish can be enjoyed as it is or as a main dish with rice.1 lb. Chicken breast
Course Main Course
Prep Time 10 minutes
Cook Time 35 minutes
Servings 4 people
Author Vanjo Merano
- 1 lb. Chicken breast
- 1 piece Knorr Chicken Cube
- 1.3 oz. Sotanghon
- 1 ½ cups malunggay leaves
- 1 piece sayote sliced
- 1 piece onion chopped
- 8 cloves garlic crushed
- 3 tablespoons cooking oil
- 8 cups of water
- Patis and ground black pepper to taste
- Boil water in a cooking pot. Add chicken. Cover and continue boiling for 18 minutes. Remove chicken from the pot and let it cool down. Save the chicken stock for later.
- Separate the bone from the meat and then shred. Set the shredded chicken aside.
- Heat oil in a cooking pot. Add crushed garlic right away. Continue cooking the garlic until it turns light brown.
- Add onion. Sauté until it softens.
- Add sayote. Cook for 1 minute.
- Put shredded chicken into the pot and pour in chicken stock. Cover the pot and let the liquid boil.
- Add Knorr Chicken Cube. Stir and add the sotanghon noodles. Cook until noodles are soft.
- Add malunggay leaves. Cook for 1 minute.
- Season with patis and ground black pepper. Transfer to a serving bowl. Share and enjoy!
Calories: 366kcal | Carbohydrates: 25g | Protein: 31g | Fat: 15g | Saturated Fat: 1g | Cholesterol: 73mg | Sodium: 414mg | Potassium: 755mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 2g | Vitamin A: 34IU | Vitamin C: 203mg | Calcium: 433mg | Iron: 2mg